All our meals are cooked from scratch in our own kitchen daily by the Catering Team and follow all nutritional guidelines and standards set out by the government. The menu is prepared with consideration given to the children’s preferences and tastes, and runs on a three weekly cycle. We offer a daily choice of main meal, vegetarian main meal or jacket potato, with a dessert and drink, and throughout the year we hold a number of special lunches and promotions such as Christmas Dinner and theme days.
The price of a school meal is £2.00 per day (£10.00 per week). Please send dinner money for the meals you intend your child to have that week (cash or cheque made payable to Unity Primary Academy) in a named envelope or purse on Monday morning.
All children in Year 1, Year 2 and Early Years classes are eligible for Universal Free School Meals. However from year 3 upwards this provision is not available, and free school meals will only be provided for those pupils eligible for free school meals according to the criteria below and have made an application.
- Income Support
- Income based jobseeker’s allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part V1 of the immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190
You will not normally be eligible if you receive any amount of Working Tax Credit.
If you think that you may be eligible please apply on line at
or request a form from the school office.