Update on school closure
Monday 11th May 2020
Dear Parents / Carers,
I am sure that many of you will have questions and raised anxieties following the Prime Minister’s address to the nation last night. As a school we are awaiting further details from the DfE about the plans for the proposed changes to the current way we are operating. Once this guidance has been received the Executive Leadership Team of REAch2 and the Trustees will consider the implications for us as a school and guide us towards what may lay ahead.
Please be assured that everyone at Unity and the wider REAch2 family is committed to ensuring that when school does reopen it will only happen when it is safe to do so. As always the safety and wellbeing of the whole school community is our primary concern.
Until we have some clarity around the proposals and the detailed guidance from the DfE, all current arrangements at Unity will remain unchanged.
We are in the process of creating a survey for parents/carers in order to gather your views about the opening of schools and hope to have this to you at some point over the next week. It would be incredibly useful to have your views on the matter to assist us with our decision making and planning moving forward.
I thank you for you continued support of our school and will update you further as soon as I am in a position to do so. Until then please stay safe and contact us in the usual way if you need us.
Mr Anthony Cosans