Watch the story or try and read it yourself (turn the sound off). Once you have finished have a go at answering these questions in your purple book.
1. Why do you think Anneena was cross? (page 2-3)
2. Where did the magic take the children? (page 4)
3. Who were the only people allowed to the games? (page 7)
4. From where did the girls see the games? (page 9)
5. What did the men run with? (page 9)
6. What prize did the winner win? (page 10)
7. What did the men throw? (page 11)
8. Why was it quiet in the village? (page 14)
Find the past tense of the words below, from the text:
Fill in the blanks with the correct words from the text:
1. Mila’s grandmother gave the girls some old _________________.
2. Hera made some __________________ from olive ___________________.
3. Mrs.May took the class to the _______________.
4. There was a __________________ about the Greek Olympics.
1. Boys laughed at the girls saying the girls should have a sewing race.
2. Back in time, to a village in Greece.
3. Only men and boys.
4. From an olive tree.
5. The men ran with shields.
6. A vase as a prize.
7. The men threw discs.
8. When the games were on, everybody went to see them.
Past tenses =
2. crowns, twigs