Thursday 30th April
Good morning Year 2!
Here is a mindful activity you can do with your family to help stay calm while you are at home during this time.
One way to help keep calm is to have a breathing break. Breath can be used as a tool to reset your mind. The simple act of focusing on your breathing can help you to unwind and reset.
Start by sitting somewhere quiet, warm and safe and take some deep, full breaths; exhaling slowly out of your mouth.
2. Focus on slowing down the rate of your breathing. sometimes it can help to place your hands lightly on your chest so you can feel it rise and fall as you breathe.
3. Observe and feel the rising and falling sensation that it creates in your bodies.
4. It’s completely normal if your minds wander. Notice these thoughts, but then let them go, bringing your attention back to your breath.
5. Allow your mind to become blank, thinking only of your breathing.
6. Once you’ve finished, think about how it made you feel.
The morning can be a great time to practice breathing exercises as it can help set the day up on a positive note and clear your minds for the day ahead.
Here is a guided meditation video to help whilst you try it out! Ahhhh!