Watch the two video clips below about Charles Darwin and answer the questions provided. You may need to pause them or go back to find the answers.
- What was the name of Charles Darwin’s book?
- What year was it published?
- What is the name of the cluster of Islands in which Darwin completed his research?
- Complete the following sentence. “Humans were just another species of………”
- Who do humans share a common ancestor with?
- Which Philosopher said this quote? “It was the single best idea anyone has ever had.”
- Who also came up with the same theory of evolution around the same time as Charles Darwin?
Listen to me explain the PowerPoint presentation on Parenthesis. Use this teaching video all week to assist your learning. Click on the link below to complete the activity.
Mrs Marley explaining Parenthesis
Mars Marley modelling Parenthesis
Converting metric measurements
Click on the link to BBC Bitesize below. Learn how to convert metric measures.
This lesson includes:
- a learning summary
- a video
- a worksheet with answers
- two interactive activities
Read the below story starter ‘The Lighthouse’. Open the document below and complete the activities set. One activity includes drawing a picture from the description in the text.
The storm had been raging for hours. Like a besieging army tormenting an enemy’s ramparts, the waves battered on the lighthouse walls.
A group of men huddled in one of the cylindrical shaped rooms, flinching every time a wave rocked the lighthouse. Their hearts were in their mouths with every devastating blow: they half expected the walls to come tumbling down at any moment.
They turned their heads and listened to the sound of the storm. What they heard was truly terrifying…
Reading Activities for The Lighthouse
As always, tune in at 11am to ‘Elevenses’ to hear David Walliams read a story. If you miss any extracts from the week, they will be on the catch up page this coming Saturday, and will be there for a week.
Get your bodies moving this morning with Joe Wicks.
As well as this, you may want to complete the Rainbow Challenge (if you haven't already). Can you complete the Rainbow with a series of exercises and workouts?